What is the Speed Lecture Award?
Six young scientists present in three minutes their new projects and ideas in life sciences and healthcare industries in front of the BIONNALE audience of more than 600 experts from academia, science and business.
1.000€ the winner, 500€ the first runner-up, 300€ the second runner-up
These are the Speed Lecture Award Finalist 2018:
- Alexandra Damerau: The rheumatic patient in a test tube
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Anna Raysyan: A fast dipstick immunoassay for the determination of DCF in the breast milk
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und –prüfung (BAM)
- Christian Gehre: Liver-on-a-Chip
Fraunhofer-Institute for Cell Therapy and Immunology, Branch Bioanalytics and Bioprocesses (IZI-BB)
- Christian Schipp: Xenoglue - A powerful tool for biosurgery
Technische Universität Berlin
- Henry Memczak: FluType - Influenza Control and Prevention
University of Potsdam
- Katja Karstens: BuProMo - Butanol production from whey or how to fuel your car with cheese waste
Beuth Hochschule für Technik Berlin
The Speed Lecture Award will be moderated by the experienced science slammer, FU Berlin lecturer and science communicator André Lampe.
The audience will be the judge
The winner of the race will be decided by the audience at the BIONNALE evening program on June 20 in Berlin (Ludwig-Erhard-Haus). So, come and support the candidates with your vote!
The Speed Lecture Award has been initiated and is supported by the healthcare industries cluster Berlin-Brandenburg – HealthCapital and the German Association of Research–based Pharmaceuticals, vfa bio.